This page lists a variety of relevant publications and presentations from 2002.
Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals
1. Ong WL, Matheson B, Millar J Decline in acute urinary toxicities with increased institutional experience: 15-year experience of permanent seed prostate brachytherapy in a single Australasian institution Brachytherapy 2017 16(2) 313-22
2. Keehan S, Smith RL, Millar J, Esser M, Taylor ML, Lonski P, Kron T, Franich RD Activation of hip prostheses in high energy radiotherapy and resultant dose to nearby tissue J Appl Clin Med Phys 2017 18(2) 100-105
3. O'Callaghan ME, Raymond E, Campbell JM, Vincent AD, Beckmann K, Roder D, Evans S, McNeil J, Millar J, Zalcberg J, Borg M, Moretti K Patient-Reported Outcomes After Radiation Therapy in men with Prostate Cancer: a systematic review of prognostic tool accuracy and validity International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics 2017 98(2) 318-337
4. Oberoi D, White V, Seymour J, Prince HM, Harrison S, Jefford M, Winship I, Hill D, Bolton D, Kay A, Millar J The course of anxiety, depression and unmet needs in survivors of diffuse large B cell lymphoma and multiple myeloma in the early survivorship period Journal of Cancer Survivorship 2017 1-10
5. Raymond E, O'Callaghan ME, Campbell J, Vincent AD, Beckmann K, Roder D, Evans S, McNeil J, Millar J, Zalcberg J An appraisal of analytical tools used in predicting clinical outcomes following radiation therapy treatment of men with prostate cancer: a systematic review Radiation Oncology 2017 12(1) 56
6. Beckman K, O'Callaghan M, Vincent A, Roder D, Millar J, Evans S, McNeil J, Moretti K Australian validation of the Cancer of the Prostate Risk Assessment Post-Surgical score to predict biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy ANZ J Surg 2017
7. Poder J, Smith RL, Shelton N, Whitaker M, Butler D, Haworth A High dose rate brachytherapy source measurements intercomparison. Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 2017
8. White V, Marco DJT, Bolton D, Douglas ID, Jefford M, Hill D, Prince HM, Millar JL, Winship IM, Coory M, Giles GG Trends in the surgical management of stage 1 renal cell carcinoma: findings from a population-based study BJU International 2017
9. O'Callaghan ME, Raymond E, Campbell J, Vincent AD, Beckmann K, Roder D, Evans S, McNeil J, Millar J, Zalcberg J, Borg M, Moretti K Tools for predicting patient-reported outcomes in prostate cancer patients undergoing radical prostatectomy: a systematic review of prognostic accuracy and validity Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases 2017
10. Sampurno F, Earnest A, Millar JL, Frydenberg M Populations-base study of grade progression in patients who harboured Gleason 3+3 World Journal of Urology 2017
11. Papa NP, MacInnis RJ, English DR, Bolton D, Davis ID, Lawrentschuk N, Millar JL, Pedersen J, Severi G, Southey MC, Hopper JL, Giles GG Ejaculatory frequency and the risk of aggressive prsotate cancer: Finding from a case-control study Urologic Oncology 2017
12. Papa NP, MacInnis RJ, Jayasekara H, English DR, Bolton D, Davis ID, Lawrentschuk N, Millar JL, Pedersen J, Severi G, Southey MC, Hopper JL, Giles GG Total and beverage-specific alcohol intake and the risk of aggressive prostate cancer: a case-control study. Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases 2017 8 1-6
13. Oberoi D, White V, Seymour J, Prince HM, Harrison S, Jefford M, Winship I, Hill D, Bolton D, Kay A, Millar J The influence of unmet supportive care needs on anxiety and depression during cancer treatment and beyond: a longitudinal study of survivors of haematological cancer Support Care Cancer 2017 105(11) 1684
14. Duschesne GM, Woo HH, King M, Bowe SJ, Stockler MR, Ames A, D'Este C, Frydenberg M, Loblaw A, Malone S, Millar J, Tai KH, Turner S Health-related quality of life for immediate versus delayed androgen-deprivation therapy in patients with asymptomatic, non-curable prostate cancer (TROG 03.06 and VCOG PR 01-03 [TOAD]): a randomised, multicentre, non-blinded, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncology 2017
15. Kirkman M, Young K, Evans S, Millar JL, Fisher J, Mazza D, Ruseckaite R Men's perceptions of prostate cancer diagnosis and care: insights from qualitative interviews in Victoria, Australia. BMC Cancer 2017 17(1) 704
16. Owen PJ, Daly RM, Livingston PM, Mundell NL, Via JD, Millar JL, Fraser SF Efficacy of a multi-component exercise programme and nutritional supplementation on musculoskeletal health in men treated with androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer (IMPACT): study protocol of a randomised controlled trial Trials 2017 1-16
17. Smith RL, Hanlon M, Panettieri V, Millar JL, Matheson B, Haworth A, Franich RD An integrated system for clinical treatment verification of HDR prostate brachytherapy combining source tracking with pretreatment imaging Brachytherapy 2017
18. Woodford K, Panettieri V, Tran Le T, Senthi S Feasibility of stereotactic body radiotherapy for locally-advanced non-small cell lung cancer Clinical and Translational Radiation Oncology 2017 6 21-24
19. Evans SM, Millar JL, Moore CM, Lewis JD, Huland H, Sampurno F, Connor SE, Villanti P, Litwin MS Cohort profile: the TrueNTH Global Registry - an international registry to monitor and improve localised prostate cancer health outcomes BMJ Open 2017 7(11) e017006-9
20. Smith RL, Haworth A, Panettieri V, Millar JL, Franich RD 3D catheter reconstruction in HDR prostate brachytherapy for pre-treatment verification using a flat panel detector. Physica Medica 2017
21. Ong WL, Foroudi F, Evans S, Millar JL Large institutional variations in use of androgen deprivation therapy with definitive radiotherapy in a population-based cohort of men with intermediate- and high-risk prostate cancer BJU International 2017
22. Parker C, Snyder R, Jefford M, Dilts D, Wolfe R, Millar JL A Randomized Controlled Trial of an Additional Funding Intervention to Improve Clinical Trial Enrolment J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2017
23. Smith RL, Haworth A, Hanlon M, Matheson B, Millar JL, Panettieri V, Franich RD Clinical Application of Pre-Treatment Image Verification of Catheter Positions for HDR Prostate Brachytherapy Bracytherapy 2017 16(3)Supp S114
24. Ma Y, Vijande J, Ballester F, Tedgren ÅC, Granero D, Haworth A, Mourtada F, Fonseca GP, Zourari K, Papagiannis P, Rivard MJ, Siebert FA, Sloboda RS, Smith R, Chamberland MJP, Thomson RM, Verhaegen F, Beaulieu L A generic TG-186 shielded applicator for commissioning model-based dose calculation algorithms for high-dose-rate (192) Ir brachytherapy Med Phys 2017 44(11) 5961-76
25. Smith CL, Best SP, Gagliardi F, Tominaga T, Geso M The effects of gold nanoparticles concentrations and beam quality/LET on dose enhancement when irradiated with X-rays and protons using alanine/EPR dosimetry Radiation Measurements 2017 106 352-56
26. Gately L, McLachlan S, Philip J, Ruben J, Dowling A Long-term survivors of glioblastoma: a closer look J Neurooncol 2017
27. Chang JH, Gandhidasan S, Finnigan R, Whalley D, Nair R, Herschtal A, Eade T, Kneebone A, Ruben J, Foote M, Siva S Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy for the Treatment of Spinal Oligometastases Clinical Oncology 2017
28. Beaulieu L, Smith RL, Franich RD Real-Time In-Vivo Dosimetry Emerging Technologies in Brachytherapy 2017 Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering 408
1.Ong WL, Evans SM, Spelman T, Kearns PA, Murphy DG, Millar JL Comparison of oncological and health-related quality of life outcomes between open and robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy for localized prostate cancer - findings from the population-based Victorian Prostate Cancer Registry BJU Int 2016 118(4) 563-9
2.Daniels CP, Millar JL, Spelman T, Sengupta S, Evans SM Predictors and rate of adjuvant radiation therapy following radical prostatectomy: A report from the Prostate Cancer Registry Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2016 60(2) 247-254
3.So K, Smith RE, Davis SR Radiotherapy in well-differentiated thyroid cancer – Is it underutilised? ANZ Journal of Surgery 2016 86(9) 696-700
4.Ruben JD, Seeley A, Panettieri V, Ackerly T Variation in lung tumour breathing motion between planning four-dimensional computed tomography and Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy (SABR) delivery and its dosimetric implications: any role for four-dimensional set-up verification? Clinical Oncology 2016 28(1) 21-7
5.Duchesne GM, Haworth A, Bone E, Carter H, Ebert MA, Gagliardi F, Gibbs A, Hornby C, Martin A, Sidhom M, Wood M Testing and Assessment of New Radiation Oncology Technology and Treatments framework using the evaluation of post-prostatectomy radiotherapy techniques Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2016 60(1) 129-37
6.Ibahim MJ, Yang Y, Crosbie JC, Stevenson A, Cann L, Paiva P, Rogers PA Eosinophil-Associated Gene Pathways but not Eosinophil Numbers are Differentially Regulated between Synchrotron Microbeam Radiation Treatment and Synchrotron Broad-Beam Treatment by 48 Hours Postirradiation Radiation Research 2016 185 60-68
7.Ong WL, King K, Koh TL, Chipman M, Royce P, Hoy J, Millar JL HIV and renal cell carcinoma: Experience in an Australian statewide HIV center Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology 2016
8.Evans SM, Nag N, Roder D, Brooks A, Millar JL, Moretti KL, Pryor D, Skala M, McNeil JJ Development of an International Prostate Cancer Outcomes Registry BJU International 2016 117 Suppl 60-7
9.Ruseckaite R, Beckmann K, O'Callaghan M, Roder D, Moretti K, Zalcberg J, Millar J, Evans S Development of South Australian-Victorian Prostate Cancer Health Outcomes Research Dataset BMC Research Notes 2016 9 37
10.Ong WL, Nazareth L, Hindson B, Matheson B, Millar JL Long-term outcomes following post-operative radiotherapy for Stage I/II testicular seminoma - an Australasian single-institution experience Journal of Medical Radiation Sciences 2016 63(3) 161-9
11.Wilkins S, Haydon A, Porter I, Oliva K, Staples M, Carne P, McMurrick P, Bell S Complete Pathological Response After Neoadjuvant Long-Course Chemoradiotherapy for Rectal Cancer and Its Relationship to the Degree of T3 Mesorectal Invasion Diseases of the colon and rectum 2016 59 361-368
12.Jalilian M, Davis S, Mohebbi M, Sugamaran B, Porter IW, Bell S, Warrier SK, Wale R Pathologic response to neoadjuvant treatment in locally advanced rectal cancer and impact on outcome Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology 2016
13.Smith RL, Haworth A, Panettieri V, Millar JL, Franich RD A method for verification of treatment delivery in HDR prostate brachytherapy using a flat panel detector for both imaging and source tracking Medical Physics 2016 43(5) 2435
14.Woodford K, Panettieri V, Ruben JD, Senthi S Limiting the risk of cardiac toxicity with esophageal-sparing intensity modulated radiotherapy for locally advanced lung cancer Journal of Thoracic Disease 2016 8(5)
15.Nag N, Millar JL, Davis ID, Costello S, Duthie JB, Mark S, Delprado W, Smith D, Pryor D, Galvin D, Sullivan F, Murphy AC, Roder D, Elsaleh H, Currow D, White C, Skala M, Moretti KL, Walker T, De Ieso P, Brooks A, Heathcote P, Frydenberg M, Thavaseelan J, Evans SM Development of Indicators to Assess Quality of Care for Prostate Cancer European Urology Focus. European Association of Urology 2016 Feb-21 1-7
16.Duchesne GM, Woo HH, Bassett JK, Bowe SJ, E'Este C, Frydenberg M, King M, Ledwich L, Loblaw A, Malone S, Millar J, Milne R, Smith RG, Spry N, Stockler M, Syme RA, Tai KH, Turner S Timing of androgen-deprivation therapy in patients with prostate cancer with a rising PSA (TROG 03.06 and VCOG PR 01-03 [TOAD]): a randomised, multicentre, non-blinded phase 3 trial Lancet Oncology 2016
17.Sampuro F, Earnest A, Kumarin PB, Millar JL, Davis ID, Murphy DG, Frydenberg M, Kearns PA, Evans SM Quality of care achievements of the Prostate Cancer Outcomes Registry-Victoria Medical Journal of Australia 2016 204(8) 319
18.Patabendi Bandarage VR, Billah B, Millar JL, Evans S Prospective evaluation of patient-reported quality of life outcomes after external beam radiation treatment for prostate cancer in Victoria: A cohort study by the Victorian Prostate Cancer Registry J Med Imaging Radiation Oncol 2016 60(3) 420-7
19.Sampura F, Ruseckaite R, Millar JL, Evans SM Comparison of patient-reported quality-of-life and complications in men with prostate cancer, between two modes of administration Clinical Genitourinary Cancer 2016 14(4) 284-289
20.Youkahana EQ, Gagliardi F, Geso M Two-dimensional scanning of PRESAGE® dosimetry using UV/VIS spectrophotometry and its potential application in radiotherapy Biomed Phys Eng Express 2016 2
21.Ruseckaite R, Sampurno F, Millar J, Frydenberg M, Evans S Diagnostic and treatment factors associated with poor survival from prostate cancer are differentially distributed between regional and metropolitan Victoria, Australia BMC Urology 2016 16(1) 54
22.So K, Smith RE, Davis SR Radiotherapy in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma: An Australian experience Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2016
23.Smyth LM, Senthi S, Crosbie JC, Rogers PA The normal tissue effects of microbeam radiotherapy: What do we know, and what do we need to know to plan a human clinical trial? International Journal of Radiation Biology 2016 92(6) 302-11
24.Ruseckaite R, Beckman K, O’Callaghan M, Roder D, Moretti K, Millar J, Evans S A retrospective analysis of Victorian and South Australian clinical registries for prostate cancer: trends in clinical presentation and management of the disease BMC Cancer 2016 16 607
25.Evans SM, Patabendi Bandarage V, Kronborg C, Arul E, Millar J, Clouston D Gleason group concordance between biopsy and radical prostatectomy specimens: A cohort study from Prostate Cancer Outcome Registry - Victoria Prostate International 2016
26.Venselaar JLM, Beaulieu L, Chen Z, Smith RL. Advances in Brachytherapy Physics. In: Godfrey DJ, Van Dyk J, Das SK, Curran BH, Wolbarst AB, editors. Advances in Medical Physics, Volume 6. Madison, WI: Medical Physics Publishing; July 2016. p.203
27.Smith RL, Haworth A, Panettieri V, Millar JL, and Franich RD Treatment Delivery Error Trapping inHDR Brachytherapy. Brachytherapy 2016 15:S39
28.Ruseckaite R, Evans S, Millar JL, Holton S, Mazza D, Fisher J GPs' Insights into Prostate Cancer Diagnosis and Care in Regional Victoria, Australia The Qualitative Report 2016 21(12) 2365-79
29.Ruseckaite R, Sampurno F, Millar JL, Frydenberg M, Evans S Diagnostic and treatment factors associated with poor survival from prostate cancer are differentially distributed between regional and metropolitan Victoria, Australia BMC Urology 2016 16(1) 54
30.Oberoi DV, White V, Jefford M, Giles GG, Bolton D, Davis I, Winship I, Miles Prince H, Millar J, Harrison S, Kay A, Hill D Caregivers' information needs and their ‘experiences of care’ during treatment are associated with elevated anxiety and depression: a cross-sectional study of the caregivers of renal cancer survivors Support Care Cancer 2016
31.Islam SM, Vinod SK, Lehman M, Siva S, Kron T, Dwyer PM, Holloway L, Lao L, Yap ML, Ruben JD Lung cancer radiation therapy in Australia and New Zealand: Patterns of practice Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2016 60 677-85
32.Dwyer PM, Lao L, Ruben JD, Yap ML, Sive S, Hegi-Johnson F, Hardcastle N, Barber J, Lehman M, Balle D, Vinod SK Australia and New Zealand Faculty of Radiation Oncology Lung Interest Cooperative: 2015 consensus guidelines for the use of advance technologies in the radiation therapy treatment of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2016 60 686-92
33.Woodford K, Senthi S. Pros: should a medically inoperable patient with a T2N0M0 non-small cell lung cancer central in the lung hilus be treated using stereotactic body radiotherapy? Surgery versus Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Early-Stage Lung Cancer 2016 AME Publishing Company 142
1. Steinfort DP, Siva S, Kron T, Chee R, Ruben JD, Ball DL, Irving LB Multimodality guidance for accurate bronchoscopic insertion of fiducial markers Journal of Thoracic Oncology 2015 10(2) 324-30
2. Sia J, Paul E, Dally M, Ruben J Stereotactic radiosurgery for 318 brain metastases in a single Australian centre: The impact of histology and other factors Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 2015 22(2) 303-7
3. Smith RL, Panettieri V, Lancaster C. Mason N, Franich RD, Millar JL The influence of the dwell time deviation constraint (DTDC) parameter on dosimetry with IPSA optimisation for HDR prostate brachytherapy Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 2015 38(1) 55-61
4. Bolton D, Ong K, Giles G, Lawrentschuk N, Severi G, Papa NP A Whole of population, Multi-user Series of HIFU for Management of Localised Prostate Cancer: Outcomes and Implications Journal of Endourology 2015 26
5. Kron T, Dwyer M, Smith L, MacDonald A, Pawsey M, Raik E, Arnold A, Hill B, Duchesne GM The Development of Practice Standards for Radiation Oncology in Australia: A Tripartite Approach Clinical Oncology 2015 27(6) 325-9
6. Ballester F, Tedgren AC, Granero D, Haworth A, Mourtada F, Fonseca GP, Zourari K, Papagiannis P, Rivard MJ, Siebert F-A, Sloboda RS, Smith RL, Thomson RM, Verhaegen F, Vijande J, Ma Y, Beaulieu L A generic high-dose rate 192Ir brachytherapy source for evaluation of model-based dose calculations beyond the TG-43 formalism Medical Physics 2015 42 3048
7. Roth H, Millar JL, Cheng AC, Byrne A, Evans S, Grummet J The State of TRUS biopsy sepsis. Re-admission to all Victorian hospitals with TRUS biopsy infection over 5 years BJU International 2015
8. Bolton D, Papa N, Ta A, Millar JL, Davidson A-J, Pedersen J Predictors of Prostate Cancer Specific Mortality after Radical Prostatectomy: 10 year oncologic outcomes from the Victorian Radical Prostatectomy Registry BJU International 2015
1. Evans SM, Millar JL, Fydenberg M, Murphy DG, Davis ID, Spelman T, Bolton DM, Giles GG, Dean J,
Costello AJ, Frauman AG, Kearns PA, Day L, Daniels C, McNeil JJ. Positive surgical margins: rate,
contributing factors and impact on further treatment: findings from the Prostate Cancer Registry. BJU
International 2014 114(5) 680-90
2. Brooker JE, Fletcher JM, Dally MJ, Briggs RJS, Cousins VC, Malham GM, Kennedy RJ, Smee RJ,
Burney S Factors associated with symptom-specific psychological and functional impact among
acoustic neuroma patients The Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2014 128 S2 S16-26
3. Wong Doo NW, Coory M, White V Harrison SJ, Prince HM, Millar JL, Dimech M, Giles GG. Low
Uptake of Upfront Autologous Transplantation for Myeloma in a Jurisdiction with Universal
Healthcare Coverage: a population-based patterns of care study in Australia. Clinical Lymphoma
Myeloma and Leukemia 2014 14(1) 61-7
4. Neal RE 2nd, Millar JL, Kavnoudias H, Royce P, Rosenfeldt F, Pham A, Smith R, Davalos RV,
Thomson KR Invivo Characterization and Numerical Simulation of Prostate Properties for Non-
Thermal Irreversible Electroporation Ablation Prostate 2014 74(5) 458-68
5. Senthi S, Dahele M, Slotman BJ, Senan S Investigating strategies to reduce toxicity in stereotactic
ablative radiotherapy for central lung tumors Acta Oncol 2014 53(3) 330-5
6. Warren S, Panettieri V, Panakis N, Bates N, Lester JF, Jain P, Landau DB, Nahum AE, Mayles
WPM, Fenwick JD Optimizing Collimator Margins for Isotoxically Dose-Escalated Conformal
Radiation Therapy of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer International Journal of Radiation Oncology,
Biology, Physics 2014 88(5) 1148-53
7. Pearse M, Fraser-Browne C, Davis ID, Duchesne GM, Fisher R, Frydenberg M A, Haworth A, Jose C, Joseph DJ, Lim TS, Matthews J, Millar J, Sidhom M, Spry NA, Tang CI, Turner S, Williams SG, Wiltshire K, Woo HH, Kneebone A. Phase III trial to investigate the timing of radiotherapy for prostate cancer with high-risk features: background and rationale of the Radiotherapy - Adjuvant Versus Early Salvage (RAVES) trial. BJU International 2014 113(S2) 7-12
8. Teng K, Gagliardi F, Alqathami M, Ackerly T, Geso M Dose variations caused by setup errors in intracranial stereotactic radiotherapy: a PRESAGE™ study Medical Dosimetry 2014 39(4) 292-9
9. Wen CD, Wong C, Ackerly T, Ruben J, Millar J Establishing tumour tracking accuracy in free-breathing respiratory gated SBRT of lung and liver cancers Journal of Physics Conference Series 2014 489
10.Dearnaley DP, Jovic G, Syndikus I, Khoo V, Cowan RA, Graham JD, Aird EG, Bottomley D, Huddart RA, Jose CC, Matthews JHL, Millar JL, Murphy C, Russell JM, Scrase CD, Parmar MKB, Sydes MR Escalated-dose versus control-dose conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancer: long-term results from the MRC RT01 randomised controlled trial Lancet Oncology 2014 15(4) 464-73
11.Angelika NA, Haghighi N, Drummond KJ Cerebral radiation necrosis Clinical Oncology 2014 10 11-21
12.Ruben JD, Smith R, Lancaster CM, Haynes M, Jones P, Panettieri V Constituent components of out-of-field scatter dose for 18-MV Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy versus 3-Dimensional conformal radiotherapy: a comparison with 6-MV and implications for carcinogenesis International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 2014 90(3) 645-53
13.Stirling RG, Evans SM, McLaughlin P, Senthuren M, Millar J, Gooi J, Irving L, Mitchell P, Haydon A, Ruben J, Conron M, Leong T, Watkins N, McNeil JJ The Victorian Lung Cancer Registry Pilot: Improving the Quality of Lung Cancer Care Through the Use of a Disease Quality Registry Lung 2014 192(5) 749-58
14.Ibahim MJ, Crosbie JC, Yang Y, Zaitseva M, Stevenson AW, Rogers PAW, Paiva P An Evaluation of Dose Equivalence between Synchrotron Microbeam Radiation Therapy and Conventional Broadbeam Radiation Using Clonogenic and Cell Impedance Assays PLoS One 2014 9(6) e100547
15.Papa N, Lawrentschuk N, Muller RM, MacInnis R, Ta A, Severi G, Millar JL, Syme R, Giles G, Bolton D Rural residency and prostate cancer specific mortality: results from the Victorian Radical Prostatectomy Register Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health 2014 38(5) 449-54
16.Ong WL, Hindson BR, Beaufort C, Pharoah P, Millar JL Long-term erectile function following permanent seed brachytherapy treatment for localized prostate cancer Radiotherapy and Oncology 2014 112(1) 72-6
17.Panettieri V, Smith RL, Mason NJ, Millar JL Comparison of IPSA and HIPO inverse planning optimization algorithms for prostate HDR brachytherapy Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics 2014 15(6) 5055
18.Senthi S Use of stereotactic body radiation therapy with salvage surgery to improve outcomes for early stage non-small cell lung cancer Journal Thorac Cardiovasc Surgery 2014 148(4) 1760
19.Senthi S, Senan S Surgery for early-stage lung cancer: post-operative 30-day versus 90-day mortality and patient-centred care Eur J Cancer 2014 50(3) 675-7
20.Ung KA, White R, Mathlum M, Mak-Hau V and Lynch R. Comparison study of portable bladder scanner versus cone-beam CT scan for measuring bladder volumes in post-prostatectomy patients undergoing radiotherapy. Journal of medical imaging and radiation oncology. 2014; 58: 377-83.
21.Ung KA, Campbell BA, Duplan D, Ball D and David S. Impact of the lung oncology multidisciplinary team meetings on the management of patients with cancer. Asia-Pacific journal of clinical oncology. 2014.
22.Moore EC, Lee J, Davis S, Serpell J Desmoid tumours: 3 cases involving the root of neck and literature review Journal of Solid Tumors 2014 4(4) 36-42
23.Midgley SM A method for estimating radiation interaction coefficients for tissues from single energy CT Phy Med Biol 2014 59 7479-99
24.Yang Y, Crosbie JC, Paiva P, Ibahim M, Rogers PAW In Vitro Study of Genes and Molecular Pathways Differentially Regulated by Synchrotron Microbeam Radiotherapy Radiation Research 2014 182 626-639
1. Evans SM, Millar JL, Wood JM, Davis ID, Bolton D, Giles GG, Frydenberg M, Frauman A, Costello A, McNeil JJ. The Prostate Cancer Registry: monitoring patterns and quality of care for men diagnosed with prostate cancer. BJU International 2013 111(4) e158-166
2. Hindson BR, Millar JL, Matheson B. Urethral strictures following high-dose-rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer: Analysis of risk factors. Brachytherapy 2013 12(1) 50-55
3. Ilic D, Hindson B, Duchesne G, Millar JL. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of nightly sildenafil citrate to preserve erectile function after radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2013 57(1) 81-88
4. Sharma M, Crosbie JC, Puskar L, Rogers PAW. Microbeam-irradiated tumour tissue possesses a different infrared absorbance profile compared to broad beam and sham-irradiated tissue. International Journal of Radiation Biology 2013 89(2) 79-87
5. Quach J, Davis S Radiotherapy in orbital lymphoma: optimizing the backbone to build upon. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2013 54(3) 445-446
6. Chipperfield K, Fletcher J, Millar J, Brooker J, Smith R, Frydenberg M, Burney S. Predictors of Depression, Anxiety and Quality of Life in Patients with Prostate Cancer Receiving Androgen Deprivation Therapy. Psycho-oncology 2013 22(10) 2169-2176
7. Coory M, White VM, Johnson KS, Hill DJ, Jefford M, Harrison S, Winship I, Millar J, Giles GG. Systematic Review of Quality Improvement Interventions Directed at Cancer Specialists Journal of Clinical Oncology 2013 31(12) 1583-1591
8. Chipperfield K, Fletcher J, Millar J, Brooker J, Smith R, Frydenberg M, Oh T, Burney S. Factors Associated with Adherence to Physical Activity Guidelines in Patients with Prostate Cancer. Psycho-oncology 2013 22(11) 2478-2486
9. Evans SM, Millar JL, Davis ID, Murphy DG, Bolton DM, Giles GG, Frydenberg M, Andrianopoulos N, Wood JM, Frauman A, Costello A, McNeil JJ. Patterns of care for men diagnosed with prostate cancer in Victoria from 2008 to 2011. MJA 2013 198(10) 540-545
10.Crosbie JC, Rogers PAW, Stevenson AW, Hall CJ, Lye JE, Nordstrom T, Midgley SM, Lewis RA. Reference dosimetry at the Australian Synchrotron's imaging and medical beamline using free-air ionization chamber measurementsand theoretical predictions of air kerma rate and half value layer. Medical Physics 2013 40(6) 62103
11.Read TRH, Huson KL, Millar JL, Haydon A, Porter IWT, Grulich AE, Hocking JS, Chen MY, Bradshaw CS, Fairley CK. Size of anal squamous cell carcinomas at diagnosis: A retrospective case series. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2013 24(1) 879-882
12.Yeo UJ, Supple JR, Taylor ML, Smith R, Kron T, Franich RD. Performance of 12 DIR algorithms in low-contrast regions for mass and density conserving deformation. American Association of Medical Physics 2013 40(10) 101701
13.Senan S, Senthi S Are the Reported Clinical Outcomes with Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy Generalizable? Journal of Thoracic Oncology 2013 8(8) 995-6
14.Huang K, Senthi S, Palma DA, Spoelstra FOB, Warner A, Slotman BJ, Senan S High-risk CT features for detection of local recurrence after stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for lung cancer Radiotherapy and Oncology 2013 109(1) 51-7
15.Senthi S, Dahele M, van de Ven PM, Slotman BJ Late radiologic changes after stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for early stage lung cancer: A comparison of fixed-beam versus arc delivery techniques Radiotherapy and Oncology 2013 109(1) 77-81
16.Frowen J, Hornby C, Collins M, Senthi S, Cassumbhoy R, Corry J Reducing posttreatment
dysphagia: Support for the relationship between radiation dose to the pharyngeal constrictors and
swallowing outcomes Practical Radiation Oncology 2013 3 e187-194
17.Smith RL, Taylor ML, McDermott LN, Haworth A, Millar JL, Franich RD. Source position verification
and dosimetry in HDR brachytherapy using an EPID. Medical Physics 2013 40(11)
18.Neal RE 2nd, Smith RL, Kavnoudias H, Rosenfeldt F, Ou R, McLean CA, Davalos RV, Thomson KR.
The Effects of Metallic Implants on Electroporation Therapies: Feasibility of Irreversible
Electroporation for Brachytherapy Salvage. Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology 2013 36(6)
19.Ta AD, Bolton DM, Dimech MK White V, Davis ID, Coory M, Millar J, Giles G. Contemporary
management of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in Victoria: implications for longer term outcomes and
costs. BJU International 2013 112(S2) 36-43
20.Wen CD, Wong C, Ackerly T, Ruben J, Millar J. Establishing tumour tracking accuracy in freebreathing
respiratory gated SBRT of lung and liver cancers ICCR IOP Conference - online
21.Kumar G, Earnest A, Wong LC Meta-analysis of incidence of early lung toxicity in 3-dimentional
conformal irradiation of breast carcinomas. Radiation Oncology 2013 8 268
22.Ruben JD Respiratory-gated thoracic radiotherapy: Much complexity for how much gain? Journal of
Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2013 57(6) 701-3
23.Senthi S, Ullman EF, Senan S Pulmonary atelectasis after stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for a
central lung tumour. J Thorac Oncol 2013 8(11) e94-5
24.Louie AV, Senthi S, Palma DA Surgery versus SABR for NSCLC Lancet Oncology 2013 8(11) e491
25.Senthi S, Senan S Surveillance with computed tomography after curative treatment of early-stage
lung cancer J Clin Oncol 2013 31(28) 3607
1. Taylor ML, McDermott LN, Johnston PN, Haynes M, Ackerly T, Kron T, Franich RD Stereotactic fields shaped with a micro-multileaf collimator: systematic characterization of peripheral dose. Physics in Medicine and Biology 2010 55: 873-881
2. Crosbie JC, Anderson RL, Rothkamm K, Restall CM, Cann L, Ruwanpura S, Meachem S, Yagi N, Svalbe I, Lewis RA, Williams BRG, Rogers PAW Tumour cell response to synchrotron microbeam radiation therapy differs markedly from cells in normal tissues. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 2010 77(3): 886-894
3. Madebo M, Perkins A, Fox C, Johnston P, Kron T Study of X-ray field junction dose using an a-Si electronic portal imaging device. Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 2010 33(1): 45-50
4. Roxby KJ, Crosbie JC Pre-treatment verification of intensity modulated radiation therapy plans using a commercial electronic portal dosimetry system. Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 2010 33(1): 51-57
5. Ackerly T, Lancaster C, Roxby K BrainLab ExacTrac patient alignment data review. Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 2010 33(1): 68
6. Morgan GW, Barton M, Atkinson C, Millar J, Gogna NK, Yeoh E ‘GAP’ in radiotherapy services in Australia and New Zealand in 2009 Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2010 54(3): 287-9
7. Brooker JE, Fletcher JM, Dally MJ, Briggs RJS, Cousins VC, Smee RI, Malham GM, Kennedy RJ, Burney S Quality of life among acoustic neuroma patients managed by microsurgery, radiation or observations Otology and Neurotology 2010 31(6): 977-984
8. Jackson PA, Rahman WNWA, Wong CJ, Ackerly T and Geso M Potential dependent superiority of gold nanoparticles in comparison to iodinated contrast agents. European Journal of Radiology 2010 75(1):104-109
9. Jianfeng H, O'Keefe GJ, Ackerly T, Hua Sun, Gesa M. Motion Compensation based on dynamic data in PET acquisition. Biomedical Engineering and Informatics 2010 16-18 Oct 389 - 392
10. Ruben JD, Lancaster CM, Jones P, Smith RL A comparison of out-of-field dose and its constituent components for intensity-modulated radiation therapy versus conformal radiation therapy: implications for carcinogenesis. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology and Physics 2011 81(5) 1458-1464
11. Zwahlen DR, Smith R, Andrianopoulos N, Matheson B, Royce P, Millar JL. Prostate-Specific Antigen Bounce After Permanent Iodine-125 Prostate Brachytherapy - An Australian Analysis. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 2011 79(1) 179–187
12. Ackerly T, Crosbie JC, Fouras A, Sheard GJ, Higgins S, Lewis RA High resolution optical alorimetry for synchrotron microbeam radiation therapy Journal of Instrumentation 2011 6 P03003
13. Sprung CN, Cholewa M, Usami N, Kobayashi K, Crosbie JC DNA damage and repair kinetics after microbeam radiation therapy emulation in living cells using monoenergetic synchrotron X-ray microbeams Journal of Synchrotron Radiation 2011 18 630-636
14. Ackerly T, Lancaster CM, Geso M, Roxby KJ Clinical accuracy of ExacTrac intracranial frameless stereotactic system Medical Physics 2011 38 5040-5048
15. Abdul Razak HR, Nordin AJ, Ackerly T, van Every B, Martin R, Geso M Quantifying the effects of iodine contrast media on standardised uptake values of FDG PET/CT images: an anthropomorphic phantom study. Australasian Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine 2011 34
16. Priyadarshika RCU, Crosbie JC, Rogers PAW Biodosimetric quantification of short-term synchrotron microbeam versus broad-beam radiation damage to mouse skin using a dermatopathological scoring system The British Journal of Radiology 2011 84 833-842
17. Wirth A, Grigg A, Wolf M, Godstein D, Johnson C, Davis S, Dutu G, Kypreos P, Smith C, Kneebone A, Hertzberg M, Joseph D, Catalano J, Roos D, Reynolds J Risk and Response Adapted Therapy for Early Stage Hodgkin Lymphoma: A Prospective Multi-Centre Study of the Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group/Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group. Leukaemia and Lymphoma 2011 52 786-795
18. Gagliardi FM, Cashion JD. Solvation of gold and rare earths by tributyl phosphate. Hyperfine Interactions Online publication date: 28-Nov-2011
19. Schick U, Bolukbasi Y, Thariat J, Abdah-Bortnyak R, Kuten A, Igdem S, Caglar H, Ozsaran Z, Lo K, Schleicher U, Zwahlen D, Villette S, Vees H Outcome and Prognostic Factors in Endometrial Stromal Tumors: A Rare Cancer Network Study Internation Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology and Physics 2011 82(5) 757-763
20. Brooker JE, Fletcher JM, Dally MJ, Briggs RJS, Cousins VC, Malham GM, Smee RJ, Kennedy RJ, Burney S. Factors associated with anxiety and depression in the management of acoustic neuroma patients. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 2012 19(2) 246-251
21. Goldstein D, Spry N, Cummins MM, Brown C, van Hazel GA, Carroll S, Selva-Hayagam S, Borg M, Ackland SP, Wrattem C, Shapiro J, Porter IW, Hruby G, Horvath L, Bydder S, Underhill C, Harver J, Gebski VJ. The GOFURTGO Study: AGITG Phase II Study of Fixed Dose Rate Gemcitabine-Oxaliplatin Integrated with concomitant 5FU and 3-D Conformal Radiotherapy for the Treatment of Localised Pancreatic Cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2012 106(1) 61-9
22. Rothkamm K, Crosbie JC, Daley F, Bourne S, Barber PR, Vojnovic B, Cann L, Rogers PA. In situ Biological Dose Mapping Estimate the Radiation Burden Deliverd to 'Spared' Tissue between Synchrotron X-Ray Microbeam Radiotherapy Tracks. PLoS one 2012 7(1) e29853
23. Hindson B, Turner SL, Millar JL, Foroudi F, Gogna NK, Skala M, Kneebone A, Christie DRH, Lehman M, Wiltshire KL, Tai KH on behalf of the RANZCR Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genito-Urinary Group (FROGG). Australian & New Zealand Faulty of Radiation Oncolgoy Genito-Urinary Group: 2011 consensus guidelines for curative radiotherapy for urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2012 56 18-30
24. Taylor ML, Smith RL, Dossing F, Franich RD. Robust calculation of effective atomic numbers: The Auto-Zeff software. Medical Physics 2012 39 1769-1778
25. Ruben JD, Ball DL. he Efficacy of PET staging for Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC): a Systematic Review and Cost Analysis in the Australian Setting. Journal of Thoracic Oncology 2012 7(6) 1015-20
26. Tee JW, Dally M, Madan A, Hwang P. Surgical treatment of poorly visualised and complex cerebrovascular lesions using pre-operative angiographic data as angiographic DynaCT datasets for frameless stereotactic navigations. Acta Neurochirurgica The European Journal of Neurosurgery 2012 154 (7) 1159-67
27. Yeo UJ, Taylor ML, Dunn L, Kron T, Smith RL, Franich RD. A novel methodology for 3D deformable dosimetry. Medical Physics 2012 39(4) 2203-13
28. Grimm P, Billiet I, Bostwick D, Dicker AP, Frank S, Immerzeel J, Keyes M, Kupelian P, Lee WR, Machtens S, Mayadev J, Moran BJ, Merrick G, Millar J, Roach M, Stock R, Shinohara K, Scholz M, Weber E, Zietman A, Zelefsky M, Won J, Wentworth S, Vera R, Langley S. Comparative analysis of prostate-specific antigen free survival outcomes for patients with low, intermediate and high risk prostate cancer treatment by radical therapy. Results from the Prostate Cancer Results Study Group. BJU International 2012 109 (Supplement 1) 22-29
29. Herschtal A, Foroudi F, Greer PB, Eade TN, Hindson BR, Kron T. Finding the optimal statistical model to describe target motion during radiotherapy delivery - a Bayesian approach. Physics in Medicine and Biology 2012 57 2743-2755
30. Wein L, Dally M, Bach L. Stereotactic radiosurgery for treatment of Cushing’s disease: an Australian experience. Internal Medicine Journal 2012 1153-1156
31. Annabell N, Yagi N, Umetani K, Wong C, Geso M. Evaluating the peak-to-valley dose ratio of synchrotron microbeams using PRESAGE fluorescence. J Synchrotron Radiat 2012 19 332-339
32. Panettieri V, Lancaster C, Wen CD, Ackerly T. Monte Carol simulation of respiratory motion induced penumbral broadening in dose distribution using PENELOPE IFMBE Proceedings 2012 39 1926
33. Yeo UJ, Taylor ML, Supple JR, Smith RL, Dunn L, Kron T, Franich RD Is it sensible to "deform" dose? 3D experimental validation of dose-warping Medical Physics 2012 39 5065
34. Hindson BR, Millar JL, Matheson M Urethral strictures following high-dose-rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer: Anlaysis of risk factors Brachytherapy 2012
35. Ilac D, Hindson B, Duchesne G, Millar JL A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of nightly sildenafil citrate to preserve erectile function after radiation treatment for prostate cancer Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 2012 1-8
36. Sprung CN, Yang Y, Forrester HB, Li J, Zaitseva M, Cann L, Restall T, Anderson RL, Crosbie JC, Rogers PAW Genome-Wide Transcription Responses to Synchrotron Microbeam Radiotherapy Radiation Research 2012 178 249-259
37. Sharma M, Crosbie JC, Puskar L, Rogers PAW Microbeam-irradiated tumour tissue possesses a different infrared absorbance profile compared to broad beam and sham-irradiated tissue International Journal of Radiation Biology 2012 Early Online 1-Sep
38. Evans SM, Millar JL, Wood JM, Davis ID, Bolton D, Giles GG, Frydenberg M, Frauman A, Costello A, McNeil JJ The Prostate Cancer Registry: monitoring patterns and quality of care for men diagnosed with prostate cancer BJU International 2012
39. Rahman WN, Wong CJ, Ackerly T, Yagi N, Geso M Polymer gels impregnated with gold nanoparticles implemented for measurements of radiation dose enhancement in synchrotron and conventional radiotherapy type beams Australasian Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine 2012 35 301-309
40. Galiardi FM, Cashion JD Mössbauer analysis of BIOX treatment of ores at Wiluna gold mine, Western Australia Hyperfine Interactions 2012
41. Quach J, Davis S. Radiotherapy in orbital lymphoma: optimizing the backbone to build upon. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2012
Rodger A (chairman of group and editor). Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer 1999, Radiation Oncology Advisory Group of the National Breast Cancer Centre and Faculty of Radiation Oncology, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists, NBCC, Sydney.
Dixon MJ, Johnstone S, Gregory K, Rodger A. 2003. Radiotherapy and tamoxifen in women with completely excised ductal carcinoma in situ in the UK, Australia and New Zealand - Chapter: Breast Cancer - non metastatic. In: Clinical Evidence (BMJ Publishing Group) 10
Schwartz D, Smith KA, Churilov L, Dally M, Weber R. 2003. Improving Risk Grouping Rules for Prostate Cancer Patients Using Self-Organising Maps. In: Abraham A, Koppen M, Franke K (Eds). Design and Application of Hybrid Intelligent Systems (IOS Press, Amsterdam) 126-135
Invited and proferred:
Hatherly K. Service Improvement. AIR National conference, Coffs Harbour. 2002.
Imbert S. Permanent Iodine Seed Implantation of the prostate. AIR National conference, Coffs Harbour. 2002.
Lord L. Angiosarcoma of the Heart – An Interesting Case Study. AIR National Conference, Coffs Harbour. 2002
Millar JL, Frydenberg M, Toner G, Thursfield VJ, Giles GG. The management of muscle invasive bladder cancer in Victoria, Australia. UICC Annual Scientific Meeting, Oslo. 2002.
Pearce S. Overview of patient care services at the William Buckland Radiotherapy Centre. AIR National conference, Coffs Harbour. 2002.
Rodger A. Breast cancer in the elderly. ANZ Breast Cancer Trials Group Annual Scientific meeting, Sanctuary Cove. 2002.
Rodger A, Vinod S on behalf of Radiation Oncology Advisory Group. Supraclavicular fossa relapse. ANZ Breast Cancer Trials Group Annual Scientific meeting, Sanctuary Cove. 2002.
Samers J, Galetakis S, Scott C, Drummond R, Neil et al. Breast Cancer Management - a General Practice perspective. 3rd European Breast Cancer Conference, Barcelona. 2002.
Smith L. Radiation therapy staffing model. AIR National conference, Coffs Harbour. 2002.
Smith L. Learning Curves, are they real? AIR National conference, Coffs Harbour. 2002.
Williams S, Scott K, Joseph D, Haworth A, Turner S, Cleeve L, Millar J, Duchesne G. Permanent seed brachytherapy for prostate cancer: outcome analysis using a multicentre database. Australasian Brachytherapy Group Meeting, Gold Coast. 2002.
Williams SG, Millar JL, Duchesne GM, Dally MJ, Royce PL, Snow RM. Factors predicting for acute urinary symptoms after 125I seed brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Australian Brachytherapy Group Meeting, Gold Coast. 2002.
Williams S, Scott K, Joseph D, Haworth A, Turner S, Cleeve L, Millar J, Duchesne G. A proposal for a national seed brachytherapy database. Australian Brachytherapy Group Meeting. Gold Coast. 2002.
Williams S, Pratt G, Duchesne G. Four categories identify risk of death following EBRT for prostate cancer. RANZCR Annual Scientific Meeting. 2002.
Williams S. HDR brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer. Urological Society of Australia Annual Scientific meeting. 2002
Rodger A, Borg M, Dalton L, Rainbird K, Delaney G, Vinod S, Drummond R, Blakey D. Radiotherapy and Breast Cancer – evaluating current practice and guidelines implementation. RANZCR Scientific Meeting, Adelaide. 2002
Scott CJ, Neil SL, Rodger A. "Where did they get the term multidisciplinary?" Consumer's descriptions of the multidisciplinary meeting. Australasian Society of Breast Disease, Gold Coast. 2003
Galetakis S, Scott C, Schofield P. Responding to the information needs of women at the time of treatment completion. 3rd European Breast Cancer Conference, Barcelona. 2002.
Rodger A, Taylor K. Multiclinician involvement in protocol-driven management of early breast cancer patients in Australia: high standards and excellent outcomes can be maintained. 3rd European Breast Cancer Conference, Barcelona. 2002.
Rodger A, Taylor K. Multiclinician involvement in protocol-driven management of early breast cancer patients in Australia: high standards and excellent outcomes can be maintained. Royal Australian College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide. 2002.
Scott C. Introducing MD care: leading the medical profession through the change process. 3rd European Breast Cancer Conference, Barcelona. 2002.
Scott C, Galetakis S, Rodger A on behalf of Inner and Eastern Melbourne BreastCare Consortium. Improving breast care services in Inner & Eastern Melbourne. 3rd European Breast Cancer Conference, Barcelona. 2002.
Scott C, Stoney, Chirgwin J et al. Measuring MD care: meeting the challenge. 3rd European Breast Cancer Conference, Barcelona. 2002.
William S, Millar J, Sia S, Miles W, Dally M, Duchesne G. Identification of prognostic groups following external beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer. RANZCR 53rd Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide. 2002.
Won Novartis Poster Prize
William S, Smith R. Difficulties in Developing PSA-based biochemical failure identification software. RANZCR 53rd Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide. 2002.
Davis S, Hatherly K, Nash K. A prospective review of field placement in the radical radiation treatment (RT) of lung cancer (LC) using electronic portal imaging (EPI). 51st Annual General and Scientific meeting of the Royal Australian College of Radiologists.
Neill S, Rodger A et al. The Celluloid Version of the Multidisciplinary Meeting : Perceptions of Consumers. Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting, Brisbane. 2003